Pages

Monday, March 17, 2003

Yesterday the rain started, so today is still misty moisty, and cloudy is the weather. The backyard looks muddy, so the boys will probably be cooped up inside today. Poor kids. I hope the energy doesn't build up to the point of spontaneous combustion.

My mother just came up and pinched me! I was sitting here, thinking about what insignificant tidbit to broadcast to the world, and she pinched me. I realized that, sitting here in my grey and yellow tweety pajamas, having not dressed yet, I didn't have any green on. Resourcefully, I pointed to my eyes, which are, you guessed it, green. Hee hee.

I think I'll sing the Lorica today, in honor of St. Patrick. Our church is starting to learn it corporately, but I've had two advantages. I rode to the Psalm and Hymn sing with a family from Illonois who already knew it well, and we sang it all the way through. The other advantage is that my mother practices it on the piano. It really isn't a hard tune, its just confusing the first time or two because it changes. I remember Steve Wilkins reading from the Lorica a few years ago at a history conference, so when I heard it the words sounded familiar.

Dad just got a Norah Jones cd, Come Away With Me. He said Amazon kept recomending it to him, and after this cd was awarded 8 grammys he ordered it. I've heard it in the background but haven't had the chance to listen to it myself yet. Maybe today. But not if I blog all day. :-)

No comments: