Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2003

Cloudy Day
I love cloudy days. They hint at rain, another beloved weather state. It also made playing tennis this morning for two hours more enjoyable. Dottie and Marti, two older (55ish) ladies in my tennis class asked me if I'd like to have coffee with them and with Danielle, a 25ish marketing something. (job titles never seem to stick in my mind). I couldn't do it on such short notice, but was flattered to be asked. Dottie sells insurance, and she and Marti live in the same neighborhood. Two nice ladies.

On a very different note, have you ever eaten spiral cheetos? The only criticism I have is that they are slightly harder to eat, demanding more attention. But that isn't nessesarily a bad thing, since they are much more fun to play with.


Speaking of deals, today after tennis four of the boys, Mom, and I went yard saleing. I found a great one, the kind where everything is either 25 or 50 cents. I bought a rusty old blue suitcase. The proprietor (yardsaler?) was, I think, surprised to see it go, even for 50 cents. lol. I thought it looked fun. I've stacked a picknick basket on it, and a lamp on top of that. It looks good. Old books, a green wine bottle with a plant cutting growing, and two dark wooden jewelry boxes (50 and 25 cents) round out the look. I like it.

No comments: