Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2003

Today we went to a bug museum. I expected just bugs, but they had iguanas, snakes, tarantulas, and turtles! My brothers had a blast. They held a garter snake, touched water dogs, and saw scorpions glow under a black light. I let them handle the 'hands-on department', but I did hold the garter snake and touch a lizard. Today I discovered that Algebra takes twice as long and is twice the fun if you do it on the back patio in the sun with your 9 year old brother. The only downside is that in amidst the talking, jokingly kicking under the table ("Who? Me? Surely not!...well...maybe :-) and watching bumble bees, very little math is accomplished. Ah well. It was fun.
Tonight dad has a meeting. I think we're going to go to a used book store. I hope so. Last time we were there I saw some Russian science fiction by Issac Asimov that looked interesting. I've never read any Russian sci-fi or anything by him, but I do like other Russian authors (Solzhenitsyn, Dostoevsky) so I'd like to pick one up and see what its like. Anyone read any of it? Anyone else like Russian novels?

No comments: