Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2003

I'm going to dissect a frog tomorrow. *furrows brow* I hope I can find the things I'm s'posed to.
Today was a quiet busy homework day. April will be hectic, so I'm enjoying this time, which is, I gather from a glance at the calender, merely the lull before the storm. But busy can be fun. I'm working on my term paper on the farm family and my rhetoric essay on why high school students shouldn't be apathetic, should change the world for the better. Frankly, the thought of many of the high school students I see walking down the street (you ever seen those guys who wear their visors upside down and backwards? whoa, man! *rolls eyes*) trying to change the world is a scary thought. What would Mr. Backward-Upsidedown-Visor-Man's view of a better wold be? So I'm going to make the target audience Christian youths, and if I'm asked about it I'll say that non-Christians ideas of a better world are better left unexecuted. After all, Stalin, Hitler, and Margaret Sanger all tried to change the world.

Here is a quote from my roughest-of-rough drafts of my farm paper, and then I'm going to go help mom with dinner:

The farm family used to be an integral part of our culture, and throughout the centuries it was the mainstay of agricultural and small livestock production. Yet a shift has been made from many small family farms to huge mega-farms created by consolidating family holdings. Because of the widespread disappearance of the farm family in our culture, animals and people alike are living lives disconnected from the soil and each other.

No comments: