Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Butter, Cont'd

In my email this morning...

Not sure how Amazon figured out that butter is a theme around here, but they are right that we need a replacement butter dish. 

  Fiesta 2-Piece Covered Butter Dish, Scarlet
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer, Empire RedWhile it migh match my beloved (and yes, despite my misadventures, still alive!) Kitchenaid (although from the pictures it looks like they might just clash catastrophically), my dishes are actually white... so I was leaning towards replacing my white butter dish with another white one.  You know, when I actually dare to replace it and risk repeating the whole scenario.  As it is, the bottom, dish part technically is fine, it was the lid part that broke into the neighborhood of five pieces, so we can just keep using it for a while.

As an aside, I love how that last sentence makes it look like we have a tough, possibly mafia involved butter dish going around breaking into entire neighborhoods. No small timer here.  On that note, beware, y'all, we're not a family to be messed with... apparently even our butter dish has a criminal record!

With that bit of silliness, I'll close... hope your Monday is off to a good start... :)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love Amazon suggestions! Mine was a Doctor Who Talking Key Chain this morning!

Do you ever make your own butter? Seems like ti would be easy but when I looked it up, there are a LOT of steps!

natalie said...

When we had a milk cow, pre-babies, we did make butter some. I can make mozzarella cheese, queso blanco, and yoghurt no problem, but butter is harder for me!

My husband is great at making it and just does it in the blender, though, very similarly to this... http://www.foodrenegade.com/how-to-make-butter/

We have friends who have a Thanksgiving tradition of making butter in a jar... they put cream in a jar, like 3/4 full, and give it to the kids to shake into the butter for the table. The year we had Thanksgiving at their house, the kids were jumping on the trampoline with the jar, lol... :)

Lindsay said...

Ok, now THAT looks easy! Ill try it in a few days when my cream starts to go bad, thanks!

I remember making butter when I was younger too. Isa will happily shake a jar but I think shed like it better on a trampoline!

natalie said...

If it doesn't work, call it whipped cream and add some sugar... ;)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I like that red butter dish, but I'd want white to match my dishes too. :) Thanks so much for the visit today...I love those Red Lobster biscuits too. I haven't had one in years!! :)

natalie said...

Thanks for visiting, Amanda! And now we can both be craving those. ;)