Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Tennis this morning. Not playing over Christmas didn't help my overall level of play, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things again soon.

I finished my drawstring shirt. Yay! My second wearable garment ever. I even made a matching hairtie.
Next in line: the cape. I bought the pattern and the fabric. Now all I have to do is make it!

I picked up the violin a few nights ago for the first time in quite a while. Mom got her cello out and we played 'Rise Again, Ye Lion-Hearted' and some Psalms, including 40 E. It went surprisingly well, but my tone is still very uneven.

I've had the 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World' soundtrack since Christmas, and I have enjoyed it very much.

Someone also loaned me 'Appalachia Waltz' with Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, and Mark O'Connor, a while ago, and it was very nice.
I have a gift card to a bookstore/music store someone gave me, so sometime soon maybe I'll be able to go and see if they have it, since they didn't when I went right before Christmas.

No comments: