Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2004

I was at the Center for Cultural Leadership page this morning, and noticed a link that read:
Response to Doug Phillips' Diatribe. I followed it to see what he would say, and found this, dated Wednesday, January 28, 2004 -

"I won’t be responding publicly to Doug Phillips’s blog diatribe against CCL and me. However, if you are a friend or sympathetic to CCL, please e-mail me...and I’ll send my private response. It is for private consumption only and may not be forwarded or otherwise publicly disclosed."

The reason I was at the CCL site was because of a link to this article-

"The support some have of President Bush is not about rejecting those babies lost in the 1% of abortions performed; it is a pragmatic decision to support the candidate who more supports life over death than the other one."
~Monday, January 26, 2004
Repentance and Politics
David Bahnsen, A Response to RC Sproul, Jr.

Here is a quote by Carmon Friedrich, on another election, which I thought summed up my thoughts pretty well-
"We hear the mantra of pragmatism in every election: "Don't split the vote...vote for the lesser of two evils." Tell me, what business does a Christian have voting for any kind of evil? There is a God, and He is pleased to bless His people when they obey Him. We can follow godly principles and vote for the righteous man, trusting God for the result. Trusting God is the pragmatic as well as the principled approach."

(later in the same post) "[W]eigh all things in the balance of godly principle, not the false scale of pragmatism. Don't ask, "Will it work?" Ask, rather, "Is it right?" Let God worry about the results...He never breaks His campaign promises (II Cor. 1:20)."

(2 Cor 1:20 NKJV) "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us."

No comments: