Pages

Friday, June 06, 2003

The week in brief--
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs.- boys' swimming lessons at local public pool. Mom and I swim laps for the 35 minutes they're at lessons. I did fourteen yesterday. Tuesday, crochet class. Thurdsday, Dad had a meeting.
I ventured forth in search of a birthday present for my buddy Katie. I went to the bargain store first, because they have interesting things, and often less expensive close-outs. I almost bought a lovely glass vase with 3-D glass flowers, but couldn't find one uncracked. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't find the heart to give her a huge, foot tall glass vase, either. Whatever would she do with it? You only need a vase that big a few times a year, at the most. I had fun looking, though. I settled on two floral print notebooks and a bottle of bath oil stuff.

Lest my outing lack the spice of adventure, as I was backing out of the parking space my side mirror slid gently up the top of the shopping cart anchored on the curb beside me. My brother alerted me to the fact that it was so. I realized if I continued backing up I'd rip off the mirror. Amid offers to get out and move the cart, I rolled down my window and tried to move it from inside. Discovering I couldn't, I unbucked and then leaned out the window. I pushed the cart away, then slid back in. Viola! I bet those two guys by the payphone staring had never seen that before. For that matter, I had never seen anyone do what I did, or did it before. New day, new adventures, what, what?

No comments: