Pages

Monday, June 16, 2003

My Saturday, or Why You Should Never Turn off Your Brain on Weekends....

Six things I learned Saturday--
1. Before pulling out of the driveway to go shopping with your mother at the mall, it is wise and smart to check your purse for your WALLET, which contains your DRIVERS LICENSE
2. This means you (a) have it, (b) know you have it.
3. When you get home and discover your wallet is missing, it is a good idea to stop everything and logically think about where it could be.
4. Although calling Mall Security, Robinsons-May, and J.C. Penney's Customer Service is also interesting.
5. When you go to the pool, leave your wallet in the car, come out, drive home, and get out, putting your wallet in the pool bag, it is very advisable to take the wallet OUT of the pool bag before tossing it in the closet.
6. Its funny when the lady at customer service helpfully inquires "Have you deactivated your bank cards?" when you only have a savings account. It becomes much funnier after you find the wallet, as do most things.

I had a nice shopping trip and drove there and back. Then after dinner I got ready to go get a movie (The Pianist) and checked my purse for my wallet/ID/driver's license. It wasn't there. I'm stunned. My mother suggests perhaps it fell out of my purse in the dressing room and someone found it. So I call. The people I got were all very sympathetic, which made me feel slightly better then and slightly guilty now (since I didn't deserve any sympathy at all!).

No comments: