Pages

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Simple Granola

From the More with Less Cookbook (with a few minor alterations)

Makes 2 1/2-3 quts.
250*
1 hour

Preheat oven to 250*.  Combine in large mixing bowl:
2 c. whole wheat flour
7 1/2 c. rolled oats

Blend together separately
1/2 c water
1 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup honey
2 t vanilla
1 T salt
(Sometimes I like to add a big dollop of peanut butter!  And it tastes great with brown sugar instead of honey, just add a little extra water.)

Add blended liquids to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Spread out on 2 greased cookie sheets and bake 1 hour, or until dry and golden.  Store in covered containers. (I like reusing empty oatmeal containers.)

Share on Facebook

4 comments:

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

This sounds so yummy! Have you ever added almonds? We go thru so much granola I should probably try making some!

natalie said...

No, but I bet that would be delicious! I love adding dried cranberries to mine when we have them.

You should try it sometime... it is really not hard and so much cheaper. :)

FootPrints said...

mmmmm your right...dried cranberries...i'm gonna try it...

it would definitely be cheaper to make than to buy!

natalie said...

Let me know how you like it if you do try it! :)

If you want to get fancy, the original recipe called for 1 cup of shredded coconut (I just increased the oats by a cup), but I don't usually have any in the house, so I changed it.