Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Babywearing


 If you know me, you  know that I frequently have a baby on my back.


That's how we roll - babywearing makes it easier to snuggle with my babies and get things done.

It was a lifesaver about a year ago when the cows got out into the road and we had to get them back in unassisted and I had to go in and out of ditches and open gates and move quickly, oh, yes, and the baby was hungry, too.  Babywearing means I could burn calories marching all over chasing cows, while breastfeeding at the same time.  ;)  What's not to like?  Oh, yeah, the cows were out...




Babywearing isn't just for mamas, though.  Micah babywears- one of the many things about him that makes me all weak at the knees. ;)


I think a stretchy wrap is the best newborn carrier of my stash.  There is a bit of a learning curve, but the incredible comfort is worth the effort.  A friend gave me a Moby wrap for Miriam and I loved it!  My second recommendation would be a ring sling.  They're great for shorter chunks of time when you don't want to put on the wrap.  Plus you can use it well into toddler hood for a hip carry! You can make one (my mom made me my two), or buy one.  I also love our mei tai and podaegi, and want to experiment with woven wraps.

Miriam loves being worn... and wearing, too! ;)  Here she is with her baby in a doll sling. :)

This post was written for the Babywearing Carnival hosted by Jami of Babywearing Videos.  Thanks, Jami!


Share

5 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

LOVING all the babywearing shots! What a great collection. ♥♥♥

Marcela said...

I love all the pictures! Specially baby babywearing!

I also love that you are nursing both toddler and baby!

natalie said...

Thanks, Megan! I had a lot of fun digging back through and picking out my favorites. :) Although that last one of my husband I took last night, because I had been looking through our pictures and realized I didn't have very many of him wearing our daughter. :)

Hi Marcela! Thanks! :) Yes... although I should probably update my bio to say toddler and preschooler, since they're 1 and 2 now. ;) Tandeming was really hard at first but has been so worth it. :)

MrsAlbrecht said...

Naddy,

I love your babywearing photos! I teach natural childbirth classes, and I love to talk about the benefits of babywearing, especially as a way for dads to connect with their children :)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog... and I saw the one at Making Home, too!

Subscribing to your blog!! :D

Much love from Japan,
Sarah

Kerri said...

I stopped by via Nancy Wilson. Love the sweet pics. God bless you as you give loving care to those babies. :)