Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Wrapping Away

Last Friday, I purchased 5 yards of fabric, washed and dried it, and wrapped it up!  We are loving the wrap, and although I still needed (in this picture) to cut it lengthwise (so I look less like I wrapped a king sized sheet around myself), and I still need to taper the ends, and hem or serge the whole thing, I love it!  Very very comfortable and distributes Miriam's 15 pounds very well across my whole back.  It feels very secure and although it takes longer to get on than the ring sling it is more comfortable for longer periods.  We took a evening walk and it was a lot more comfortable than the sling for a brisk pace.
I opted not to get a stretchy fabric because I read that was better for smaller babies and that a non stretchy would be better for older babies and toddlers.  I've done a back carry with Nathan, which worked great- still working on doing the back carry with that wiggly little one... Daddy helped us with this one and we both loved it!
 

3 comments:

~S. said...

LOVE your blog colors!!!! Also LOVE the wrap. GREAT job mama! I'm so not creative that way.

Michelle said...

You look beautiful in all your photos. I love the wrap.

Brooke said...

It looks great Natalie! I love the color you chose...you keep experimenting w/ the baby wearing and I'll keep going with the crock pot.:) You got me thinking...