Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Storing Linens

How do you store linens? I know how Martha Stewart does it, but I don't happen to have a spare closet... we have ONE closet for the house, and it doesn't have any room to spare! Mine end up stacked in a laundry basket, but that isn't really a good solution, especially after the laundry basket gets knocked over, etc, by a busy toddler... I do have a blanket chest (the current job of my hope chest), and like it, but it only fits the blankets, not the sheets, pillowcases, extra pillows, or towels... any suggestions? I was thinking as a temporary solution I'd just get another Rubbermaid container... the cheap version of another blanket chest. ;-) 

Or I could just leave them on the clothesline.  They look much nicer that way, out there in nature with the leaves and spiders and birds...birds?!  Um, or not.  The rubbermaid will work, I think...

4 comments:

Brooke said...

A second hand chest of drawers could work well for linens, paint it the color you want and it would be cute too!

Han said...

If you have any storage space under anything (beds, dressers, chests, etc) you can get baskets with liners... they look pretty peeking out, and they create a lot of storage space.

Brooke's idea is really clever... if I were closer I would offer to babysit so you could paint!

Han said...

Haha, imagine that, Martha Stewart has instructions on making your own basket liners: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/lined-linen-baskets

Michelle said...

I second the idea of a chest of drawers although a rubbermaaid would work.

When we lived in England, there was one closet in the whole house, so we also had 5 wardrobes and 3 dressers and split all our clothing and linens and coats up. My husband used to complain he had to go into 3 different room and into 6 different places to shower and get dressed in the morning. ;-)