Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

One of the things I've been intrigued with in my photography is perspective. With my new camera, I can put it in Macro mode (to help it focus on objects close to the lense), and I can also choose to put it in portrait mode which makes the background less clear. This helps when I am interested in different ways of looking at the same object, in this case, a blade of grass. In the picture above, I'm looking down on the grass, with a background lacking contrast (you can also tell that the background is blurry because I had it on portrait). In the picture below, however, the blue sky makes the grass really stand out. I don't know that I like the angle on the blade of grass in the bottom picture, but I was holding the camera through a barbed wire fence to take it, and I was having trouble getting things just right without getting the fence in the picture.

3 comments:

A-Jedediah said...

cool pic

A. Victoria said...

That is an awesome picture. Isn't that interesting the way we look at things, our perspective, can change everything. I love how that when we are willing to step back and look at things through the Lord's perspective, everything looks so much better.

Thank you for the great pictures and thoughts. :)

A

natalie said...

Thanks, A-L.
Thanks, A.Victoria! :-) I wanted to explore the thought of perspective in our lives but ran of steam/time on this post. Thanks for adding your thoughts.
Gracie, I like the first one better too. The blade of grass looks more beautiful seen from that angle, even without the contrast.