Pages

Monday, July 21, 2003

Yay! Miss Jenn handed out the invitations yesterday. There will be a dance! The only specifics I heard were a polka, the Virginia Reel, and the Posties Jig, but she borrowed our Scottish Country and Chieftains (Water from the Well) cds, so probably all the other normal ones. She also said yes, I could bring others, so I'm going to call my cousin Joe and see if he wants to go. He hasn't (to my knowledge) ever done any of the dances, but this is just an informal dance, so I don't think it matters.

We saw Signs recently. Three times, before we returned it to the rental place. The circles, everywhere, were fascinating to look for. Did you see them in the curtains? I was stunned at the end because I somehow assumed, "Hey, this is Hollywood, and there is no way he'll return to the faith." But he did. I thought going in that it would be an action/alien movie. Something like MIB or Independence Day. Far from the truth, however. The main focus wasn't on the aliens, or the crop circles, really. The focus was on whether things which happen are mere chance, or have a purpose. It was well done. Much, much, much, MUCH better than Planet of the Apes starring Charlton Heston, which I also saw for the first time recently. Lots of evolutionary propaganda, clumsy comparisons between Bible believing Christians and Apes who deny clear evidence of man's existence as intelligent beings, and silly looking apes with rubber lips.

No comments: