Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Better Marriages through Twitter!

I think I'll write a book and become rich and famous.

This morning I tweeted the following as I sat and sipped my Lady Grey tea that my sweet husband had made me:
Slightly feverish and cranky baby makes for a sleep deprived, headachy mama. Working on this one sip at a time.

I don't know why headaches make it so I can't remember the existence of pain medication.  Unfortunately, this means I generally suffer until Micah figures out what is wrong with me and hands me the ibuprofen.

My tweet, however, sent a text message to his phone, and to my surprise less than five minutes later, he arrived with a glass of water and two ibuprofen.  At first I thought he had just looked at me and known I had a headache, which was slightly more impressive, however I think this worked much better than our usual system.

So I'll try to remember to tweet next time my head hurts.  Maybe I'll be able to remember that...even though I can't remember to just take some ibuprofen...

Although, considering my level of crazy, I'd say the chances of that are pretty slim.

Anyway.  My husband is the best. :)

5 comments:

Deborah West said...

Awww Natty, that's wonderful! You two sound just like us. I'll suffer through headaches for hours because I too forget about pain meds or I'm too stubborn to take them (I hate taking meds). Matt is always there to hand me the tylenol or ibuprofen and some water. One day while he was at work we were emailing back and forth (military comps block facebook and twitter) and I told him I had a really bad headache but we were out of tylenol. Well on his lunch break he drove all the way home to bring me tylenol. :D

natalie said...

I hate taking pain meds too, which probably plays into why I never remember to when I should...

That is so sweet that he came home and brought you tylenol! :)

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

That is too funny ---and really sweet. :)

~S. said...

lol! that's cute!

Missi said...

I always forget to take something for headaches too. What a sweetie you have (and cute socks!!).