Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow!

There isn't much... but there is definitely snow outside! Brother #4 informed me with great delight that he was the first one to throw a snowball. And Brother #5 says he made a snow angel, "just like in the books."

I promise pictures later, but at the moment, a hot cup of tea is taking precedence, so I will leave you with a few quotes I've found lately.

"When we sip tea, we are on our way to serenity." - Alexandra Stoddart

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." - Jane Austen

"Storms make oaks take deeper root." - George Herbert

"Where Christ is, cheerfulness will keep breaking in." - Dorothy Sayers

6 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Naddy, my sisters live in Columbia and said they've had some crazy weather these last two days. Take care and stay warm. Say hi to your mom. Janet.

-K- said...

Did you get alot of snow during the night at your house? We got about 7 inches, and the little kids are having so much fun in it :)
Your brothers must be loving it!
-kailey

Anonymous said...

I LOVE snow - there's just something about it that's magical. A cliche I know ... but there you go - true nevertheless.

natalie said...

Thanks Mrs. W! We've got the wood stove going and are keeping plenty warm as long as we stay inside... ;-)

Hi Kailey! Yes, we got about that much as well, and the boys are having a blast. :-)

Yes, CB! There certainly is. Especially at sunset, to my mind. :-)

Sarie said...

How come you have snow? I want snow! You're so much farther south...it's just not fair.

Anonymous said...

We had about one inch of snow at our house yesterday. Not enough to play in! My sister went out at about 5:30 anyway. It's gone now though.