Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fall Pictures



Well, I took a walk today down to check a stock tank, and grabbed the camera as an afterthought on my way out the door. Here are some of the results...

...it was a misty, moisty morning (er, afternoon), and cloudy was the weather...

Cato may be photogenic, but he's hard to photograph... he won't stop moving!

The flowers are brown, but still photo worthy, I think... can you see anything in that photo on the left besides plants? I didn't notice anything else while taking the picture, but when I looked at the big version I was surprised to see the winged visitor on the plant. Not all the flowers are giving up, though... some, encouraged by the recent rain, are still bravely blooming! I think that this one with the red berries is my favorite, though. Enjoy! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the photos you took around your place - So just as you suggested - I enjoyed.
Here's that bread recipe I promised far too long ago ...

NZ Bread (or Maori Bread or Rewene Bread)

Rewena Ingredients:
2 cups of flour
1 cup water
3 medium sized potatoes
1 teaspoon of sugar

Method:
1. Boil potatoes in water until soft
2. Cool to lukewarm. Mix in flour and sugar until it forms a paste.
3.Cover and stand in a warm place until bubbles form on top.

Now you can make the bread.

Bread Ingredients:
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Rewena

Method;
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a hole in the middle.
2.Pour the rewena into the hole and sprinkle baking soda over it.
3.Stir the mixture, then knead it for about 10 minutes. Add a little water if the mixture is too firm.
4. Shape into loaves or place into a greased loaf tin.
5. Bake at 230 degrees C (or 450 degrees F) for 45 - 50 minutes.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

...it was a misty, moisty morning (er, afternoon), and cloudy was the weather...


:-)

Heidi said...

Hello Naddy!
I like the festive red leaves on your new header! Also, Make Way for Ducklings is a favorite at our house, too. :)

natalie said...

Thanks Deborah Anne! :-) It is getting a little chilly... but not quite cold, in my opinion... I like the toasty wood stove, though!

Chiefbiscuit- thank you very much! I look forward to trying that. :-)

Anonymous- :-)

L&L- Thanks! Yes, we all love it... :-)

Thanks Rebekah! That one is my favorite too, I think. :-)