Pages

Monday, August 09, 2004

Well, I'm home. I've been awake for most of the last twenty four hours, thanks to the time changes, and now I'm wide awake and its really late at night. Here.
Not in London. In London, its eight in the morning.
It was a simply wonderful trip. I loved getting to know my traveling companions, and meeting my relatives, and watching European fashion. Which was really funny at times.

Paris was hot, expensive, and really crowded. I've been once, I don't need to go again.

Edinburgh was lovely. I would enjoy visiting the area again.

Germany was amazing. Of course part of that is that we stayed with my extended family, but we weren't in tourist areas anymore. And that was wonderful. Food was cheap and good, the Tiergarten was unbelievable, certainly the best zoo I can remember ever going to, and the castle and churches were beautiful.

London was nice, but I was a little burned out by then. Also, it was harder to find things to do that weren't absolute tourist traps but were still interesting. The British Museum and the National Gallery were nice, as was just sitting in Trafalgar Square on the stone steps and watching people go by.
I did appreciate the fact that in London, men stood up and gave little old ladies their seats on the metro.


No comments: