Pages

Friday, July 08, 2005

Notes from the
Nefarious Goggled Creature
which comes out of the
Depths of the Pool
(sounds like a book, doesn't it?)

My goggles are good. They keep water out of my nose and eyes and keep my eyes from being irritated by the chlorine in the pool water.

However, they do have one problem. Since they’re a mask type goggle, when you move your lower face you lose the seal and water goes up the mask and up your nose and into your eyes. Not good.

Why would that be a problem, you ask? Why would I need to move my face while under water?

Well, you see, I’m not so good at keeping a straight face. When I tickle someone, for example, I have to smile. So when I zoom from the depths, or at least the deep end, to come up and tickle some small persons toes, dangling temptingly in the water as they lazily float in the tubes, I can’t help smiling. And then I get water up my nose. I’ve had several aborted attempts to tickle feet because of that. *sigh*

And they floated along, oblivious to the danger they had escaped!

No comments: