Pages

Friday, April 25, 2003

"The farm family, by and large, is gone from our culture. Barren industry and large monopolizing agribusiness has taken the place of small yet fertile farms. This has had adverse effects on many areas of life, yet there is hope for a resurgence of the agrarian lifestyle. Many people are discovering anew the joys of daily interaction with farm animals and of working with the earth. More people have decided to put working with the land back into their lives. A return to a natural farming paradigm, integrating animals and food production, which is most effective on small farms, and a return to the land would benefit our culture in many ways. More people would live and work on family farms, and so more people would enjoy and love the land. It would benefit rural economies and family farms, and it would be a step in fulfilling our God-given responsibilities to the creatures around us. “Man was appointed by God to have dominion over the beasts, and everything a man does to an animal is either a lawful exercise, or a sacrilegious abuse, of an authority by divine right.” (Lewis, 138)"

(The last paragraph of my term paper.)

Tonight we went out for Thai food with Mr. and Mrs. M. and Zak and Jake. Lots of fun. Mrs. M. was kind enough to read over my paper and give me some feedback. I'm pretty happy with the paper except I wish I could've thought of a snazzier title than 'The Benefits of the Farm Family'. My dad suggested 'The Boons of the Barn'. lol.

Only 11 hours till I get on the bus to see Kit! I won't have time to blog, so I'll probably be back Monday.

No comments: