Pages

Monday, April 14, 2003

Ever have a day when you ate nothing but sugar and did practically nothing but spend time with a great pal? My day. Chocolate orange and decorating a hat. I've been invited to a "Mystery Dinner" which will include dancing. Since its set in the old west circa 1840 we had fun decorating my hat and trying on the pinafore. Normally I avoid frills like the plague, but this hat is incredibly befrilled and beribboned. Eyelet lace around the rim and crown, three colors of blue ribbon (braided) for the under chin ties and to go along the top of the eyelet lace around the crown. Whew.

I painted today. I worked on the tea cup that I added to my still life vase with yellow tulips. The paint was acting up so it looks like I applied it with a popsicle stick. Kindof reminds one, if you feel generous and like to praise, of Van Gogh's heavy paint. I'm still trying to loosen up and come to grips with the fact that painting is not always a 2 dimensional art form.

Me: ACK! Its sticking out! Oh NO!
Mom: Well, are you going to wipe it off and start over?
Me: No....I guess it looks good. Its just me.

My Oma's 70th birthday party is tomorrow night. [That, in case you care to know (and even if you didn't), is when the painting needs to be done, dry, framed and wrapped.] Anyway, family are descending, which is fun.

No comments: