Pages

Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday miscellany

Spring is in the air. We've been getting outside and taking walks in the evenings sometimes, and playing outside some afternoons. I am ready for spring!

And with spring, of course, comes spring cleaning!  I stripped all the couch cushions of their covers, 

leaving a pile in the middle of the living room like a deflated couch, and hauled the living room rug off to the clothesline.Then all those covers went into the washer, and from there onto the line for some sunbleaching and fresh air.

Of course, there were plenty of interesting things under the couch cushions.  A spoon.  Multiple clean socks (I regularly fold laundry on the couch).   A small toy car.  And debris, which you must promise to ignore before viewing the following picture, shared for the exceptional cuteness of the serious small helper...

Love those wispy curls.  He is slated to get his First Haircut Ever on his 2nd birthday in a few weeks.  He's never even had a trim.  Yes, he was a very hairless baby!

One week old...                                                           Five months old...
 Seven months old. Check out the double chin!
Photo taken by our friend Clay.

I digress.  Good thing I labelled this miscellany, right? ;)
Now one more picture of cuteness to close... Miriam looooooooves peekaboo.  


5 comments:

TexasBobbi said...

Ian also has little to no hair. I love the last picture.

Unknown said...

I too am in the cleaning mood... next week I am gutting the laundry room and reorganizing it from top to bottom... might even paint it! Maybe recover the floors if I get bold enough... go thing it is small.. LOL.

natalie said...

Thanks, Bobbi! Nathan had hardly any hair until about four months ago, so I am just loving his wild curls now. I was just glad he was a boy, since he was such a bald baby...lol...

How fun, Grace! The laundry area is on our "eventually" list, and I have so many fun ideas I think I'll have trouble choosing what to do and reaching a compromise between my dreams and my budget, lol... but I love things like this...
http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2008/10/laundry-room-inspiration.html

Missi said...

You wouldn't believe the disgusting mess under our couch cushions. I should probably clean them out at least yearly. LOL

natalie said...

Well, Missi, in the interests of full disclosure, I was half done cleaning under the cushions when I took that picture... I hadn't cleaned under them for at least six months. I think maybe I should put it on my calendar to do it at least twice a year. I don't think I could wait a year... unless I enforced a no-food-on-the-couch rule... ;)