Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Yesterday morning I made Dutch Babies for the first time, and they were a big hit. Thank you so much for the recipe, Gracie! :-)
Several people said that it reminded them of French toast, and everyone liked it, including me. We put honey on it, but some of the family ate it plain, as I ate my first piece, and liked it fine that way.
I did wonder, Gracie-- what size pan do you use? I used our 9" x 13" x 2" glass baking dish, and it worked, but the edges came up a lot so I wondered if you used a larger pan.

2 comments:

natalie said...

Thank you, Gracie! Just wanted to check that.
Mmm, Mr. Luker, that sounds really good. The recipe Gracie gave me doesn't have Cinnamon or Apple, but I was thinking the next time I made them I might experiment with adding cinnamon, since the boys like the taste of cinnamon a lot.
Do you think you could persuade Mrs. Luker to share her recipe? :-)
I would love to try it-- we have green apples from our apple tree that we've sliced, cooked, and frozen, and we're on the look out for new recipes to use those. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Mr. Luker! We'll have to give that a try. :-)