Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Finally, the blustery day turned into a blustery night...

... and the blustery night blew the tarp off the chicken tractor three times. We have just come back in, and are hoping that this time the tarp will hold, especially since a gentle rain has begun! :-)
It actually wasn't a blustery day today, though. But my next brother has been reading the Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day book to the younger four boys, so that line popped into mind.



Tonight I have also been working on a dress that I am making. I haven't ever made a dress before, so Mom is helping me along quite a bit.
Right now we are working on the sleeves and the skirt- we were working on the bodice but realized we needed to get fusible interfacing before continuing.
The pattern is Simplicity, pattern 5041, view C (upper left), but I decided to use the sleeves from view D (lower left). The fabric I'm using is a darkish red, similar to the fabric on the dress to the lower right, and with lighter, almost lavender, grapes and leaves sprinkled across it.
I do not plan on making or wearing the hat, but I do want to make the apron. The bonnet looks interesting as well. :-)
Has anyone else made this pattern? A friend told me that she made it and that she had to make the inset smaller to make the shoulders fit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No corset. :-) And no hoop skirt, either, although many of the other girls going to this Barn Dance (which is what I'm making it for)will be wearing hoops.
I will be wearing a crinoline/petticoat, though, to poof out the skirt. :-)
Today, if all goes well, I should get the bodice all together, the facing done, and maybe even the zipper, too. :-)