Pages

Monday, September 12, 2005

A room without books is like a body without a soul. ~ G. K. Chesterton
(here via A Cognizant Discourse)
What a wonderful quote! :-) Kitchens need cook books, and living rooms need lots of books, and bedside tables should be laden with books!

I am thankful for...
...for dial-up internet at our house. No more need for wi-fi coffee shops, although I have enjoyed them (most of them, anyway.)
...my cat, even though she is dashing madly through the kitchen behind me, causing me fear for my feet. She likes to attack feet.
...And the lone firefly (the last one of summer?) that I saw as I was finishing a walk before dinner tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, let's see... they divide into three categories.

1. Books I want to reread, got out, and haven't had time for yet...
Anna Karenina
Stories and Prose Poems (Solzhenitsyn)
Sketches of Home, Suzanne Clark

2. Books I just read/reread
Jane Eyre, C. Bronte
Laughing Gas, P.G. Wodehouse
The Nine Tailors, Dorothy Sayers
The Princess and the Goblin, George MacDonald
Passion and Purity, Elizabeth Elliot (from a dating perspective but interesting anyway)

3. (A Few of the Many) Books I have Started and Ought to Finish
Always Ready, Bahnsen
Trinity and Reality, Ralph Smith
Russia in the Era of Peter the Great, L. Jay Olivia
(on loan).

:-)

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

A Tale of Two Cities was the first Dickens book that I liked. :-)