Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Imagination is GO

There are monsters down the dark hallway at Grandpa and Grandma's house, the badger that lives down the road (and was seen one late night driving home) is a topic of much conversation when walking in from the driveway at night, and and sometime small hoodie'd dragons race through the living room. 



A sweet friend passed down a sparkly, tulle-petal'd, satin 2T dress up dress. My girly girl is SO happy!  And I loved letting her wear it to the grocery store and library... she looked adorable sitting in the cart surrounded by tulle.  I think she also enjoyed that it drew the attention of the older ladies that usually are adoring Levi's baby chub. ;)



"...and I was in my cocoon and I came out and I was a beautiful butterfly and I shoot them with my guns!" - Nathan, 3 years, 5 months
Rainy day.  Boots obviously required!

"...your feet are getting old and they're going to die and you'll be in Heaven..." - Nathan*


And Levi and I watch wide eyed as they juggle ideas and jostle each other, racing to decode this funny world. 


_____________________________
* (Yes, I need to carve out time to exfoliate and moisturize.  Until then, my neglected feet serve as a reminder of my mortality, apparently.)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, the feet. I used to have such nice feet, before I had children. It's a worthwhile trade though, I'm pretty sure.

Love the butterfly story. :-)

natalie said...

Sometimes I get ambitious and slap some paint on my toenails but nothing else. I figure in 25 years or so I'll just go get a pedicure. ;)

Nathan LOVES butterflies and cocoons... he pretty much as The Very Hungry Caterpillar Memorized, and frequently when he finds a caterpillar we go over the whole process again at his urging! :)