Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

This morning...



...my third little brother knocked on my door and brought me a cup of coffee. What a wonderful way to wake up! Especially since he enlisted the aid of Mom, who told him how to make it just right, sweet and with plenty of milk.
I was sitting there, enjoying my coffee, and looking out onto a blustery fall day, wet and windy, when another knock comes. It is little brother number two. He has a fork and a plate with an egg on it. Wow.

The rest of the day so far has been an inside kind of day. The weather doesn't encourage you to go out. It encourages you to brew a cup of tea, find a cozy corner, a good book, perhaps fuzzy socks, a sweater, and some crocheting, and curl up by a window to enjoy watching the fall weather.
Which, if you'll excuse me, is exactly what I'm going to do!

7 comments:

JFC said...

(Luker:) I'm glad that "certain family" is now at CtK and not at ECC. JNie.. did his best to bring them back; even brought Naddy her favorite veggie. Thankfully, he left without them.

And what wonderful training those brothers are receiving.

JFC

JFC said...

PS

Hope the weather improves by next Monday. Turkeys have to be "processed" before Thanksgiving at our favorite turkey farmers' place.

JFC

Anonymous said...

How sweet :-)

Micah David said...

Lucky duck. I'll think of your cozy leisure whilst I hack ice out of chicken waterers. Didos to Mr. JFC. But nothing warms the heart like the sweet fellowship of the brethren.

natalie said...

Mr. Luker: May you and your guests have a wonderful and blessed feast together! We've been invited somewhere a little closer to home. :-)

JFC: Spinach is not, repeat, is not, my favorite vegetable. However, its the thought that counts. *giggle*

Jo: isn't it? I'm so blessed by thoughtful brothers. :-)

Micah: LOL. So do I have to say quack? *grin*
Amen to your last sentence!

Jemimah said...

cup of hot coffee in the morning. mmm. nice.

natalie said...

:-) Yep. mmm.