Pages

Friday, October 21, 2005

I decided to make a scarf about a month and a half ago, and finished about two weeks ago.
I really like the cheerful red color of this yarn.
This was the first scarf I'd made, so there was quite a bit of trial and error. I looked at some patterns online to see how wide they recommended, but I have lots of trouble reading crochet patterns, so I just improvised. :-) I did rows of triple crochets and rows of single crochets in a pattern. When I had finished length wise, I edged the whole thing with single crochet twice, to help smooth out the imperfections where I'd lost or gained stitches in a row, then edged it with a shell stitch.
It's warm, but the one I'm making right now I think I'll make longer...especially since I'm having so much fun using two yarns on the triple crochets!

4 comments:

natalie said...

Wow, that looks great! I started knitting a scarf last fall (after receiving a brief lesson from an experienced knitter), but I was sidetracked into a conversation in the middle of a row and when I went back to keep working on it I couldn't remember whether I was knitting or pearling...so it's still sitting in a plastic bag, unfinished. :-)
I seem to remember that crocheting was a little easier to learn than knitting, so maybe I'll try that again one of these days.

~the other natalie :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you. :-)
I like knitting, but I think it's harder than crocheting.
I can talk while crocheting (I was listening to Pride and Prejudice on tape while crocheting today) but I can't do that while knitting or I lose count of stitches, lose stitches, etc. :-)
I was talking to a friend a while ago and she said she thought crocheting was much faster. I suppose that would depend on the person, but for me it is a lot faster...unless, of course, I have to take out rows, like I did this morning... ;-)

A. Victoria said...

That is a great scarf! I love the color, it is so cherrful. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! :-)
That color reminds me of cranberry sauce, fall leaves, sunsets, and Christmas, so I thought it was perfect for fall!