Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2003

Saturday...


is a great day. Even if you have to do Chemistry homework. (didn't get done yesterday, due Monday) I'm planning on seeing Open Range (with Robert Duval) this evening.

I finished The King of Torts, by John Grisham, last week. I didn't like it as well as, say, The Testament. The main character absolutely failed to endear himself to me, becoming a slimeball lawyer too quickly in the narrative for me to hope for a turn around, or to make it seem realistic. He says he thinks about a blatant wrongdoing he committed, but if I'm going to be convinced he really did, not just says he did, I want to see symptoms of remorse. As it was, it looked like at the end leaving it all behind in repentance was just an excuse for flying off into the sunset with the girl. (The first girl, not the second girl.)

Anyway, at least The Man in the Brown Suit, by Agatha Christy, came through with a rousing whodunnit plot and plenty of details and twists.

No comments: