Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Played tennis this morning. I was happily surprised that I hadn't lost all my playing ability. Just, apparently, my serve. And backhand. Oh, wait... I didn't have the backhand to start with.

Read Shakespear aloud in class today. I was Helena speaking to Demetrius in Act 2. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, though, that she would follow him despite his hatred for her. I would agree with her statement that "[w]e should be woo'd, and were not made to woo." Which points to the upside-down-ness of our culture, where boys learn to sit back while girls chase them. Which I read somewhere-or-other but cannot remember where at the moment. But I would guess Her Hand in Marriage.

I'm off to read Augustine's Confessions. I've read through his babyhood and boyhood so far. Books one through five need read by Thursday.