Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Great Grandmother May's Date Bars

Due to some mold issues in our rental home, causing a move, I'm having to toss a number of personal items. One of them is a handwritten recipe book I've had for a number of years. I've decided to take the opportunity to post the recipes for my own use and to share. :)

I have never made this one, but it's family history! I'd love to try it with some Date Lady date sugar to make it all the way healthy!

Great Grandmother May's Date Bars

Sift 1 cup sugar
Beat 3 eggs until light
Add sugar gradually, blend till very light. Add about 2 cups chopped dates, 1 cup broken nut meats.
Sift 1 scant cup bread flour
resift with 1 tsp baking powder 1/8tsp salt
Add sifted ingredients to egg/sugar mix with 1 tsp vanilla. Beat butter till well blended. Pour into 9x13 pan lined with buttered paper or grease and flour.

Bake at 325' for about 25 minutes. When cool, cut and roll them in powdered sugar.
Photobucket

No comments: