Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

drizzle drizzle fog

It's foggy and drizzly today. The grass is still green but the fall colors are beginning to drop and fade. I told my husband recently that I wish that during June and October time could somehow slow down so they'd last twice as long.

This warm tea I'm sipping is good and comforting, like a solid hug from an aunt or Oma. It would be a good day to brew up a big pot of the lovely Teavana Earl Grey loose leaf tea I have on hand, but I'm cutting my caffeine intake down or completely out at the moment, so I'm trying to resist. I've switched to herbal teas, like chamomile and peppermint. They go well with the honey I changed to last January. I prefer maple syrup in the black teas, it really adds something wonderful to a cup of Lady Grey tea with some milk.

Getting rid of caffeine and sugar wasn't motivated by any lofty desire to be a better person, at least not in the sense that I'm depriving myself to improve my character. I will be seeing a wonderful local doctor tomorrow to hear what the results were from a saliva test that measured hormone levels throughout my day, and I'm expecting to hear that she thinks I have adrenal fatigue. If I do, sugar and caffeine will be verboten, so I'm trying to get a head start figuring it can't hurt. While I'm not thrilled about the hard work it will likely take to try to get everything back to where it should be, I am weirdly excited to hopefully have an actual reason for why I wake up like a zombie and am yawning by noon. (A reason besides having four children six and under, which has been what I have been blaming.)

Speaking of the kids, they're doing great. I'll end with some photo spam...


A photo posted by Natalie (@olivesprouts) on

A photo posted by Natalie (@olivesprouts) on

A photo posted by Natalie (@olivesprouts) on

A photo posted by Natalie (@olivesprouts) on
Gonna go have a second cup of tea and unload the dishwasher now. Maybe I'll blog again before months have passed, maybe not. Nice to pop in though.
Photobucket

No comments: