Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

I'm Still in Love With Turquoise

I may have run out of turquoise spray paint, but I'm still in love with turquoise, as is evidenced by the following...


(Except I'd wear grey Toms instead of sandals, and I probably wouldn't have the courage to wear polka dots.  So not the sweater.  Especially since it has a bow, which isn't really "me".)


.
.

Beth at Babyette is gorgeous, as is this lovely sling!



Ok, maybe this (and the next one?) is blue.  Whatever.  I love it anyway.

Source: etsy.com via Natalie on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Natalie on Pinterest


I have a necklace by this etsy seller with dark brown beads, and I love it.  It's really sturdy, AND when a bead broke (our fault all the way)  the seller was a total dream to work with and fixed it at no extra charge.

So... turquoise.  Just seems like summer to me!  :)  What colors are you loving right now?  Gray seems to be making a big splash right now, especially with yellow...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Last year at the Marshalls in Houston there was a turquoise bag in the store -- I was shopping with friends who'd never heard of Marshalls before and they loved the store, but that bag was the only thing I saw there that I actually lusted over. I was looking at it and feeling its buttery softness and had decided that I would buy it if I could afford it. It was Marshalls, after all, where stuff is often 50-90% off the retail price!

I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I saw the price tag. It was over $200. The Marshalls price! I can't even remember the retail price, it was so mind-numbing, but $200 was closer to the 90% off end of the range.

I've been on the lookout for a less expensive one ever since then, but I've never seen one nice enough to even bother looking at the price tag.

*sigh*

Laura said...

I love turquoise too - it looks good on EVERYONE! I also love lavender/heather!

natalie said...

Oh, Mrs. C, that is a sad story! I completely sympathize, since after I put this post together I idly decided to click through and price some of the bags that I have liked on Pinterest. I quickly discovered, to my sorrow, that I apparently have very expensive taste. :/ This helps explain why I've rarely had a purse I truly loved! I am planning on seeing if Target has any knock offs that are similar to what I like, but I'm not too optimistic. Perhaps Ebay or thrift store hunting is a more likely option.

Laura - yes, it does! And it plays well with other colors, too, which is nice. So many things look great paired with turquoise! I am really liking lavender paired with grey right now, in the home, but I don't think I own any. Darker purple, but not lavender. But really, with such a pretty name, maybe I should? ;)