Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2003

I've been listening to 'Downstream', a WeatherVane Compilation for a while.
While I have my favorites, of course, it is a good listening CD. You can just let it play, without groaning and thinking to yourself, "Why did they put this in here?"
It is difficult to place this CD in a tidy genre. Buzzwords would be folk, folk/rock, grassroots, acoustic guitar, alternative rock, country and folk, haunting poetic lyrics, and acoustic pop. Altogether, its an excellent CD.
My favorites are

Lady of Cicero, by Hughes & Wagner,
Mary Visits Elizabeth, by Claire Holley,
Listen to the Rain, by Hughes & Wagner, and
Pull My Wagon, by Loni Rose,

however, there are 18 tracks, so there are lots of other choices. Not every song appeals to me yet, but when I get around to listening to each track and appreciating it on its own, not as a part, I'll be better equipped to judge them individually.

No comments: