Pages

Monday, March 24, 2003

I haven't blogged for a while...but I do have good excuses. Kit was here Thursday afternoon through Saturday evening. We had a great visit. We went downtown Friday and walked around. We found a new favorite little store--a mix between antiques from the 50's and tea things. We took Meg and Ant there Saturday, after all going horseback riding. I was a little worried about the twins and two of my brothers on horses, but they did really well. Honestly, I think they had less trouble with their horses than I did. I'm consoling myself by telling myself that the wrangler gave them easier horses. :-) Mine wanted to eat, and because of snakes their not supposed to. It was lots of fun.

While downtown I went to the racks in front of an incredibly disorganized used bookstore that I really like. There are two sections of shelves out front on the grass ( I never venture into the disaster area inside). One section is $2 and the other is $4. I found Dr. Zhivago which I have never read, and War and Peace which I had wanted to read for a while. They are both nice looking and smell good. I always smell my books. I discovered to my chagrin that War and Peace was an abridged version. Even so, I've been drawn in. (that is one of my good excuses for not blogging.) I'll have to get the whole thing.

No comments: